Thursday, July 26, 2018

Final Edits

“I spent a lot of years trying to outrun or outsmart vulnerability by making things certain and definite, black and white, good and bad. My inability to lean into the discomfort of vulnerability limited the fullness of those important experiences that are wrought with uncertainty: Love, belonging, trust, joy, and creativity to name a few.” - Brene Brown

For a summer which I thought was going to be quiet, I’m amazed at how fast it is passing, and how time has filled it.  The last time I had a “quiet” summer was 10 years ago, and my life was very different. The summer has been rich and full in ways that I haven’t expected, including the fulfillment of something that had almost been forgotten … 

First of all, my husband passed his citizenship test two weeks ago, and we are simply awaiting on the date for the Oath Ceremony. He is also awaiting entrance into an online masters’ program at UNM. 

The “good news” which has cropped up in the past two weeks is … after *years* of editing and waiting, and then periods of nothing, a major CD project that started in 2014 (and really started in 2012 - with the start of this BLOG!) is finally wrapping up, and is in production as we speak. My “empty” July was suddenly filled with small sound tweaks, major and minor edits of the CD booklet and artwork, constant emails and phone calls to the sound engineer, producers, my duo partner Ellen, tears of frustration on my part, and pushing through every day to get to the finished product. 

If that’s not Providence, nothing is. 


The photo is from our second recording session for the disc, January 2017! As I was saying to a dear friend today, "Progress is sometimes not linear." 

More details on purchase and release to follow. Please stay tuned here, as well as on Facebook, Instagram, and my website! 


No comments:

Post a Comment