Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Спасибо, Чаттер!

A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of being reunited with Justin Hopkins, bass-baritone (read more about him here). We had worked together a bit through Opera Philadelphia (now almost ten years ago!). 




Justin is in Albuquerque singing Oroveso in Norma (Bellini) for Opera Southwest. Read more about that production here. (I will conduct the performance on 4/11/2018 and I’m over the moon about it. Yes, Druid pun intended).

The program was all-Rachmaninoff - we opened with four songs, and then Mari Tomizuka (pianist) and Emil Miland (cello) played the glorious Cello Sonata. Which is really a piano sonata (or piano concerto, even!) for two people. 


You can hear a short bit of our performance here. We will do a Q+A and these Russian songs again on Tuesday, April 10th at 3:30 PM at UNM, so for those of you on campus or in town, we hope to see you there! 


(The Title means, Thank you, Chatter! - such an important organization and venue in the American Southwest! Visit the site here).  This project has also really inspired me to do daily Russian work. I'm using DuoLingo, so find me if you use it as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment