Saturday, January 6, 2018

Re"cat"itive, Purr-relude, and Aria

The real musical critics in our house are our two felines, Panda (age 4, male) and Lucia (age 5, female). Panda came to us through my sister Kelsey, and was our first “joint purchase” as a married couple. Lucia came to me from friends at Eastman, and was part of my marriage “dowry” (ha ha).



Both of our furry friends are obsessed with listening to us practice. If they are in a particular mood, they will pay a visit to our visiting students, my coaching clients, and friends and colleagues who grace our home with their beautiful sounds and spirits. This website has an interesting point of view about why, and how, cats purr.



They are also quite adamant and vocal about when they are fed their “wet food,” how often their box is cleaned, and if they would like to snuggle with us in the master bedroom or on the sofa.



In the past, I think I’ve measured too many things that don’t matter. Today, I had a great, long quality “kitty snuggle” with each cat, and that "has made all the difference" (with only slight apologies to Mr. Robert Frost). 




Here’s to 2018, with many kitty snuggles, moments savored slowly, more meals and quiet time with Zheng, mindful artistry, more fun, more books, prayer, and surprises. 

No comments:

Post a Comment